Welcome to our mouthwatering recipe for authentic Mexican cheesy rice! If you’re looking for an easy and homemade dish that’s bursting with flavor, you’ve come to the right place. This cheesy rice recipe is not only incredibly delicious, but it’s also quick to prepare, making it perfect for those busy weeknights when you want a satisfying meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
Our recipe features four simple ingredients that come together to create a cheesy rice dish that will impress your taste buds. First, we start with fluffy rice cooked in savory chicken broth instead of water, which adds an extra layer of flavor. Next, we add a generous amount of shredded cheddar cheese, creating a creamy and indulgent twist that will have you reaching for seconds.
But the secret to the deliciousness of this dish lies in the addition of salsa. The salsa not only adds a burst of flavor, but it also provides convenience, eliminating the need for extensive cooking and prep work. With just these four ingredients, you’ll have a flavorful and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed as a main course or a flavorful side dish.
One of the best things about this Mexican cheesy rice recipe is its versatility. You can customize it to your liking by adding cooked chicken or pairing it with other Mexican-inspired dishes like tacos or enchiladas. The possibilities are endless!
So, whether you’re craving a quick and delicious meal for yourself or looking to impress your friends and family with a flavorful side dish, our Mexican cheesy rice recipe is sure to be a hit. Get ready to experience the bold and mouthwatering flavors of authentic Mexican cuisine with this easy and homemade dish. Let’s get cooking!
Easy and Flavorful Mexican Rice
This easy and flavorful Mexican Rice recipe is a great way to spice up plain white rice. Made from scratch, this homemade version is much more flavorful than boxed options. The rice is cooked with a mixture of onions, garlic, tomato sauce, green chiles, and spices like cumin and chili powder, which infuse it with a delicious Mexican flavor. Topped with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, the rice becomes melty and cheesy. This side dish can be served alongside tacos, enchiladas, or other Mexican-inspired dishes, or enjoyed as a main dish with tortilla chips.
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the diced onions and minced garlic, and sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the tomato sauce, diced green chiles, cumin, and chili powder to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
- Add the white rice to the skillet and stir to coat the rice in the sauce mixture.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let the rice sit, covered, for an additional 5 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, then sprinkle the shredded Monterey Jack cheese on top. Cover the skillet again and let it sit for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Mexican rice hot, garnished with fresh cilantro if desired.
Mexican Cheesy Rice with a Twist
This Mexican Cheesy Rice recipe puts a twist on the traditional version by using salsa as a base instead of traditional ingredients like tomatoes and spices. The salsa adds a burst of flavor and eliminates the need for extensive cooking and prep work. To make it cheesy and creamy, shredded cheddar cheese is mixed in at the end. This recipe can also be transformed into an entree by adding chicken. Leftover grilled chicken works particularly well. Simply cut it into bite-sized pieces and add it to the rice towards the end of the cooking process. Serve this flavorful rice as a side dish or pair it with other Mexican-inspired dishes for a complete meal.
Give your Mexican rice a delicious twist by incorporating salsa and cheese into the mix. The combination of flavors creates a savory and satisfying dish that your loved ones will enjoy. This recipe is easy to follow and takes minimal time and effort to prepare. Whether you’re looking for a tasty side dish or a hearty main course, this Mexican Cheesy Rice with a Twist will not disappoint.
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: 1 cup of cooked chicken, diced
- In a large skillet, heat the salsa over medium heat until it starts to simmer.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet and stir until it is well coated with the salsa.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the shredded cheddar cheese, stirring until it melts and becomes creamy.
- If desired, add the cooked chicken to the skillet and stir until it is heated through.
- Remove from heat and serve the Mexican Cheesy Rice as a side dish or main course.
“This Mexican Cheesy Rice with a Twist is a flavorful and satisfying dish that combines the bold flavors of salsa and cheese with the comfort of classic Mexican rice. The addition of chicken takes it to the next level, making it a complete and hearty meal. Get ready to indulge in this cheesy and delicious twist on a beloved Mexican dish!”
Bring some excitement to your dinner table with this Mexican Cheesy Rice with a Twist recipe. The combination of salsa, cheese, and chicken creates a dish that is bursting with flavors and textures. Whether you’re cooking for a weeknight dinner or hosting a gathering, this recipe is sure to impress. So grab your ingredients and get ready to enjoy a dish that will transport your taste buds to Mexico!
Quick and Easy Mexican Rice
This quick and easy Mexican Rice recipe requires minimal ingredients and can be prepared in no time. With just white rice, chicken broth, salsa, and shredded cheddar cheese, you can create a flavorful and satisfying dish. The rice is simmered in chicken broth and salsa, just like traditional rice, until it becomes tender and absorbs the liquid. The addition of cheese at the end adds a creamy and indulgent touch. This recipe is perfect for busy weeknight dinners or when you need to whip up a delicious side dish in a hurry.
Here’s a breakdown of the ingredients and step-by-step instructions:
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium-sized pot, combine the white rice, chicken broth, and salsa.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit, covered, for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until it melts and coats the rice.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This quick and easy Mexican Rice recipe is a fantastic side dish that pairs well with any Mexican-inspired meal. It’s also a tasty option on its own as a flavorful vegetarian dish. The minimal ingredients and simple preparation make it a go-to recipe for busy weeknights when you want a delicious and satisfying meal on the table in no time.
Try this simple Mexican rice recipe today and experience the burst of flavors in each bite. Your taste buds will thank you!
Tips for Perfect Mexican Rice
To achieve the best Mexican rice with delicious flavors, follow these helpful tips:
Rinse the rice before cooking: Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear. This helps remove any excess starch, resulting in light and fluffy grains.
Use chicken broth instead of water: Instead of cooking the rice in plain water, use chicken broth to add depth and richness to the flavors. The broth infuses the rice with a savory taste that complements Mexican cuisine perfectly.
Simmer the rice slowly: Cook the rice over low heat and simmer it slowly. This method ensures that the rice becomes tender and absorbs the flavors without the liquid cooking out too quickly.
Remove the lid if the rice becomes tender before all the liquid is absorbed: If you find that the rice is tender but there’s still excess liquid in the pot, simply remove the lid. Allowing the rice to simmer uncovered helps the excess liquid evaporate, leaving you with perfectly cooked rice.
Customize the recipe: Get creative and customize your Mexican rice recipe by adding additional ingredients like chicken, peas, or carrots. These additions not only add extra flavor but also provide additional textures to elevate your dish.
Garnish with chopped cilantro: To add a fresh and vibrant finishing touch, garnish your finished rice with chopped cilantro. The herb adds a burst of color and a refreshing flavor to your dish, making it even more enjoyable.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to achieve the perfect Mexican rice that is flavorful, fluffy, and a standout addition to any Mexican-inspired meal.
|Rinse the rice before cooking
|Remove excess starch for light and fluffy grains
|Use chicken broth instead of water
|Add depth and richness to the flavors
|Simmer the rice slowly
|Ensure tender grains without liquid cooking out too quickly
|Remove the lid if the rice becomes tender before all the liquid is absorbed
|Allow excess liquid to evaporate
|Customize the recipe
|Add chicken or other ingredients for added flavor and texture
|Garnish with chopped cilantro
|Add a fresh and vibrant finishing touch
Storing and Reheating Mexican Rice
When it comes to enjoying leftovers, knowing how to properly store and reheat your Mexican rice is essential. By following a few simple steps, you can ensure that your rice stays fresh and flavorful for future meals. Here are some tips on storing and reheating Mexican rice:
Storing Mexican Rice
After preparing your delicious Mexican rice, allow it to cool completely before storing it. This step is crucial as storing hot rice can lead to condensation and potentially spoil the dish. Once cooled, transfer the rice to an airtight container or a ziplock plastic bag. Properly sealing the container will help maintain the rice’s moisture and keep it from absorbing any unwanted flavors from the fridge. When stored correctly, Mexican rice can last for up to four days in the refrigerator.
Reheating Mexican Rice
When you’re ready to enjoy your leftover Mexican rice, there are a few methods you can use to reheat it. Here are two popular options:
- Oven Method: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Spread the leftover rice on a baking sheet, ensuring that it’s in a single layer. Place the baking sheet in the center of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is heated through.
- Microwave Method: Transfer the desired amount of leftover rice to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl with a microwave-safe lid or microwave-safe plastic wrap. Heat the rice in the microwave on high power in 1-minute intervals, stirring between each interval, until it’s hot and steamy throughout. Be sure to check the rice’s temperature before serving to ensure it’s heated thoroughly.
Tip: To prevent the rice from becoming dry while reheating, you can add a splash of water or chicken broth before heating in the microwave.
Remember, properly reheating the rice is crucial for both taste and safety. It’s important to heat the rice thoroughly to kill any potential bacteria that may have grown during storage. Additionally, always refrigerate any leftover rice promptly to prevent foodborne illnesses.
|Cool rice completely before storing
|Oven Method: 15-20 minutes at 350°F (175°C)
|Transfer rice to an airtight container or ziplock bag
|Microwave Method: 1-minute intervals, stirring between each interval
|Seal container to maintain moisture and flavor
|Check rice’s temperature before serving
|Store in the refrigerator for up to four days
|Add a splash of water or chicken broth to prevent dryness
|Thoroughly heat rice to kill potential bacteria
By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your leftover Mexican rice retains its delicious flavors and provides you with a satisfying meal. Enjoy your reheated rice as a standalone dish or pair it with your favorite Mexican-inspired entrees for a complete and delicious feast.
This Mexican Cheesy Rice Recipe is a quick, delicious, and versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a main meal or a side dish. With minimal ingredients and simple steps, it’s easy to make at home and perfect for busy weeknights or gatherings with friends and family. Whether you follow a traditional recipe or add your own twist, this flavorful rice is sure to become a favorite. So bring some Mexican flair to your table and enjoy the cheesy goodness of this mouthwatering dish!
What makes this Mexican Cheesy Rice Recipe quick and delicious?
With only four simple ingredients, this recipe is easy to prepare and perfect for any occasion. The addition of salsa and chicken broth enhances the flavor, while the shredded cheddar cheese adds a creamy and indulgent twist.
How is this homemade Mexican Rice recipe different from boxed options?
This homemade version is much more flavorful, as it is made from scratch using a mixture of onions, garlic, tomato sauce, green chiles, and spices like cumin and chili powder. Topped with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, the rice becomes melty and cheesy.
How does this Mexican Cheesy Rice recipe put a twist on the traditional version?
Instead of traditional ingredients like tomatoes and spices, this recipe uses salsa as a base. The salsa not only adds a burst of flavor but also eliminates the need for extensive cooking and prep work. The addition of shredded cheddar cheese makes it cheesy and creamy.
How quick and easy is this Mexican Rice recipe?
With just white rice, chicken broth, salsa, and shredded cheddar cheese, this recipe can be prepared in no time. The rice is simmered in chicken broth and salsa until it becomes tender and absorbs the liquid. The addition of cheese at the end adds a creamy and indulgent touch.
What are some tips for perfect Mexican Rice?
1) Rinse the rice before cooking to remove excess starch. 2) Use chicken broth instead of water for added flavor. 3) Simmer the rice slowly to ensure it becomes tender without the liquid cooking out too quickly. 4) If the rice becomes tender before all the liquid is absorbed, remove the lid and let it simmer uncovered to allow the excess liquid to evaporate. 5) Customize the recipe by adding chicken or other ingredients for added flavor and texture. 6) Garnish with chopped cilantro for a fresh and vibrant finishing touch.
How should leftover Mexican Rice be stored and reheated?
Let the rice cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container or a ziplock plastic bag. Refrigerate it, and it should last for up to four days. To reheat, you can spread it out on a baking sheet and warm it in the oven or heat it in the microwave. Ensure that the rice is heated thoroughly before serving.